AMERICAN KENPO KARATE is now being taught for us by Alice Parker, a 3rd degree black belt. Classes include cardiovascular workouts, stretching and basics such as blocks, hand strikes and kicks working on
technique, forms and exercises. She focuses on developing coordination, flexibility. concentration, speed, power and accuracy. Alice’s goal is to share her beliefs in self defense, self improvement and health with her students. Our Karate Kids have fun doing a demonstration and showing
off their skills in our annual recital.
While Kenpo traces its roots to Chinese Martial Arts, American Kenpo is the creation of the late Senior Grandmaster, Edmund Kealoha Parker. Mr. Parker brought Kenpo to the mainland from his native Hawaii in 1953, and subsequently developed it into the most comprehensive Martial Arts System in the world today. It is practical, realistic, and can readily be applied in today's environment. Mr. Parker's Kenpo Karate encompasses logical principles and concepts along with scientific disciplines not employed by other Martial Arts Systems.
We train in martial arts with the ultimate objectives of:
- Self Defense- to defend our families and ourselves
- Self Improvement- to improve character by instilling confidence and discipline through training
- Health- we promote our physical and spiritual health.
Basic Class Format for children 5+ years old:
- Cardiovascular workout - 10-15 mins
- Stretching - 10-15 mins
- Basics (blocks, handstrikes, and kicks) - 10-15 mins
- Instructor's Choice (techniques, forms, exercises focusing on developing coordination, flexibility, concentration, speed, power, and accuracy) - 15-30 mins